Friday, August 24, 2007

PLUS SIZE COCKTAIL DRESS - BLACK GLITTER - Y


Glitter Surplice Dress




Here's an option if you're looking for something pretty, flattering and more fitted than an plus size empire cocktail dress. Wrap style formal evening dresses can be wonderful or they can be disappointing to me. There's something about a wrap waist, surplice bodice knit dress that calls for me to add a shawl. I'm just not that confident or comfortable with just one layer when the fit is that revealing. With this sparkling black number, I would drape my metallic silver evening shawl with the long fringe across my fanny and through my arms and I'm the picture of confidence.


Cynthia Rowley - Sonny (Acciao) - Women's

Here's a close match to the silver evening sandals that the model in the picture is wearing.


Franchi Handbags - Lyssa Silk Framed Clutch W Rhinestone Bow (Black) - Handbags


Here's a black fabric evening clutch bag that I like. I didn't like the way that the purse in the pics didn't have any silver metal showing and yet the models shoes are silver. If you prefer the look of a solid black evening purse, I'd wear black shoes. The reason I chose this rhinestone bag is because it seemed to highlight the black sparkles in the dress and pulled the strappy shoes into the look.

I know that it's trendy to wear light colored footwear to make our legs look long, but there's a lot to be said for the old fashion fashion rule that says never wear shoes in a lighter color than your dress or pants hem. I'd love to hear your opinions on that! Meanwhile, I'm looking for some sexy plus size lingerie to wear under my dress!

No comments: